10 white corn on the cob, with husk
4 sticks salted butter, melted
1.25 cup(s) granulated sugar
2.5 cup(s) cornmeal flour
1.5 tablespoon(s) salt
12 fresh mission figs
2 cup(s) sugar
2 cup(s) water
12 dried figs
1. Chop stem off of each ear of corn, peel leaves and shave off corn kernels.
2. Blend the kernels until corn is completely pureed, add melted butter, sugar, flour, and salt; stir until completely mixed.
3. Place 3 spoonfuls of batter on the fat part of one of the corn leaves and fold. Cover tamal in aluminum foil and place in steamer.
4. Cook in steamer for 40 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and let cool.
1. Preheat your oven to 250°F. Cook fresh figs for 40 minutes.
2. Mix water and sugar in a pan on high heat until a syrup is formed
3. Place cooked figs, dry figs, and syrup mix in a pot with water and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Remove from heat and blend until mix is smooth. Strain mix and let cool.
5. Serve tamales with Salvadorian cream and fig syrup.