3 pound(s) beef tongue
3 pound(s) cheek meat
10 bay leaves
4 garlic cloves
3 tablespoon(s) salt
salt to taste
barbacoa (beef cheek meat)
1. Rinse the beef tongue and cheek meat
2. Cut the beef tongue in two or three parts, place in slow cooker with water. Add bay leaves, garlic, onion and salt. Cover and cook on high heat for about 6 hours.
3. Take out the tongue meat and chop in very small pieces.
4. Combine the tongue meat with barbacoa (cheek meat).
5. Proceed to make your fried plantain sandwich by topping plaintain with meat, white cheese, gouda and cabbage. Garnish with ketchup, green mayo and mustard, if desired.