1 recipesApp.recipe.ingredients.compositeField.unit.options.N/A red bell pepper
1 recipesApp.recipe.ingredients.compositeField.unit.options.N/A green bell pepper
2 tablespoon(s) orange juice
1 recipesApp.recipe.ingredients.compositeField.unit.options.N/A can of chipotle in adovo (7 oz)
1/2 recipesApp.recipe.ingredients.compositeField.unit.options.N/A sheets 9 x 11 pie dough
1/4 pound(s) pork cheeks
1/4 teaspoon(s) kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon(s) ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon(s) ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
1/4 teaspoon(s) ground clove
1/4 recipesApp.recipe.ingredients.compositeField.unit.options.N/A yellow onion
1/4 recipesApp.recipe.ingredients.compositeField.unit.options.N/A large carrot
1/4 recipesApp.recipe.ingredients.compositeField.unit.options.N/A stalk of celery
1/2 teaspoon(s) garlic, chopped
4 tablespoon(s) bourbon
2 tablespoon(s) wildflower honey
1/2 cup(s) chicken broth
1. Rub the pork cheeks with salt, cumin, ginger and clove.
2. Rough chop carrot, onion, celery and place in the bottom of the roasting pan. Place the pork cheeks on top of the vegetables.
3. Combine the bourbon, honey and chicken broth and bring to a boil. Mix well so that honey is dissolved and pour over the pork cheeks.
4. Cover the pan tightly with foil and roast in a 375 degree oven for 2 hours or until the pork is very tender.
5. Remove the pork cheeks from the pan and cool.
6. Combine the orange juice and chipotle in a blender and puree.
7. Mince the peppers.
8. Shred the pork and mix with the orange juice mixture and minced peppers. Season to taste with salt, pepper and additional clove, cumin and ginger as desired.
9. Thaw the pie dough and cut into 3 inch circles.
10. Place pork mixture in the center of the cirlce and fold over, pressing to seal tightly around the edge.
11. Bake the empanadas in a 350 degree convection oven or until golden brown.