1 pound(s) gluten free flour tortilla dough
1 cup(s) sugar
1 teaspoon(s) cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon(s) ground nutmeg
1 cup(s) oil for frying
1 cup(s) frozen guava pulp, defrosted
3/4 cup(s) dark brown sugar
1 cup(s) water
1. Combine sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg into a large plastic bag and shake to blend ingredients, set aside.
2. Knead gluten free tortilla dough into 9-12 balls.
3. Heat oil in a large saucepan.
4. Flatten the dough balls into circles and fry each one in the oil for 3-4 minutes until crisp and golden brown.
5. Drain on plates covered in paper towels.
6. While the rounds are still warm, place into the sugar mixture bag and shake gently to coat.
1. Add guava pulp, water, and sugar to a small saucepan and bring mix to a boil.
2. Stir to dissolve sugar.
3. Lower heat and simmer, stirring occasionally until mixture is thick.
4. Transfer syrup to a small bowl and serve on the side of buñuelos for dipping or pour over buñuelos.