2 cup(s) pre-cooked corn meal
3 tablespoon(s) corn flour
2 tablespoon(s) sugar
1 tablespoon(s) salt
2.5 cup(s) water
1/2 cup(s) shredded skirt steak
1/2 cup(s) cooked black beans
1/2 cup(s) shredded white cheese
3 slices of fried plantain, chopped in small cubes
2 cup(s) frying oil
1. Mix sugar and salt with pre-cooked corn meal and corn flour. Place water in a bowl and gradually add flour mix while kneading, until all of the mix is incorporated. Keep kneading until the mix is smooth.
2. Create medium size balls with the dough. Place ball on a plastic surface and press to form a flat circle.
3. At the center of the dough, add a small portion of the shredded skirt steak, beans, cheese, and plantain chunks.
4. Fold dough to seal the empanadas and press on the sides.
5. Fry empanadas in hot oil until golden brown.