3/4 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon(s) orange zest
3/4 cup(s) fresh orange juice
1/2 cup(s) fresh lime juice
1 cup(s) cilantro, finely chopped
1/4 cup(s) lightly packed mint leaves, finely chopped
8 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon(s) minced oregano (2 teaspoons dried oregano)
2 teaspoon(s) ground cumin
kosher salt and pepper
3.5 pound(s) boneless pork shoulder, in one piece
1. In a large plastic sealed bag, combine olive oil, orange zest, orange juice, lime juice, chopped cilantro, chopped mint, minced garlic, oregano and cumin. Shake it around a bit to mix it up, then add the pork shoulder.
2. Place the zipped up bag in a baking dish and put it in the fridge overnight, or several hours at least.
3. Preheat oven to 425ºF. Place a wire rack (or a cooling rack) over a rimmed baking sheet.
4. Place the pork on the rack and discard the marinade. Salt and pepper the pork well.
5. Roast the pork for 30 minutes. It should be lightly browned.
6. Turn the oven down to 375ºF. Roast for another 1 hour and 20-30 minutes, or until a meat thermometer reads 160ºF.
7. Transfer to a cutting board, cover with aluminum foil and let rest at least 20 minutes.
8. Carve against the grain and serve.