4 ounce(s) Sysco Pica y Salpica Pork Cracklins
1 recipesApp.recipe.ingredients.compositeField.unit.options.N/A green pepper, diced
1 recipesApp.recipe.ingredients.compositeField.unit.options.N/A white onion, diced
1 recipesApp.recipe.ingredients.compositeField.unit.options.N/A large tomato, chopped
1 recipesApp.recipe.ingredients.compositeField.unit.options.N/A garlic clove, chopped
5 recipesApp.recipe.ingredients.compositeField.unit.options.N/A large eggs, slightly scrambled
2 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
1/4 cup(s) milk
2 tablespoon(s) salt
2.5 cup(s) water
2 cup(s) precooked corn meal flour
- Fry the Sysco Pica y Salpica Pork Cracklins at 375 – 400 ̊F for 90 seconds. Pat dry to remove excess oil and let cool.
- Place vegetable oil, onion, garlic, peppers, and tomato to cook on a pan until tender. Add Pork Cracklins, milk, and eggs and mix well. Season with salt.
- Mix water, salt, and precooked corn meal until dough is formed.
- Knead dough a few times, divide into smaller pieces. Roll each piece and flatten out to shape the arepa.
- Fry arepas for five minutes each side. Pat dry to remove excess oil and cut open.
- Fill arepas with chicharronada mix and garnish with queso fresco.
An important update is available for your browser. Please install this critical update.