1/4 cup(s) extra virgin olive oil
1 red pepper, sliced in thick strips
1 onion, sliced
3 garlic cloves, chopped
1 red chili, seeded and chopped
3/4 cup(s) white wine
1 can cherry tomatoes
2 dried bay leaves
2 bunches of fresh basil
3 large squid, cut into rings
bruschetta bread, chargrilled, to serve
extra virgin olive oil
1. Heat the oil in a saucepan. Stir in pepper, onion, garlic and chili and cook for 15 minutes stirring constantly.
2. Increase the heat to high and add the wine. Cook for 2 minutes and then add the tomato, bay leaves and 1 bunch of basil. Bring to a simmer.
3. Add the squid, cover and simmer for 1 ½ hours. Uncover and simmer for a further 1 hour or until the squid is tender.
4. Discard the bay leaves and basil and let cool.
5. Once mix is cool, add fresh leaves from the second bunch of basil.
6. Place a slice of prosciutto over chargrilled bread and spoon the squid mixture over. Drizzle with olive oil.