1 pound(s) shredded poached chicken
2 avocados, peeled and mashed
2 tablespoon(s) mayonnaise
1.5 tablespoon(s) fresh lime juice
1/2 red bell pepper, diced
3 tablespoon(s) white onion, chopped
1 tablespoon(s) cilantro, chopped
1/2 jalapeño pepper, chopped
2 teaspoon(s) minced garlic
1/2 teaspoon(s) salt
fresh ground black pepper
3 cup(s) precooked white corn flour (P.A.N. or Masarepa)
3.25 cup(s) warm water
1 teaspoon(s) salt
Chicken Avocado Salad
1. Mix mashed avocado with mayonnaise and lime juice in a bowl.
2. Add the chicken, bell pepper, onion, cilantro, jalapeño, and garlic and season to taste with salt and pepper. Set mix aside.
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Pour warm water into large bowl, stir in salt to dissolve.
3. Pour in corn flour and start kneading mixture with hands.
4. Divide dough into 8 pieces and shape into a disc. Disc should be about 3 1/2 - 4 inches in diameter and 1/3 - 1/2 inch thick.
5. Set discs aside and oil a large skillet.
6. Place arepas on skillet and cook for about 4 minutes per side or until brown.
7. After all arepas are seared, place on a baking sheet and bake for 15 - 20 minutes until they are puffed up.
8. Let arepas cool for a few minutes.
9. Once cool, cut arepas open through the middle and fill with chicken and avocado salad.